Building Science is all around us.
Physical science supports the design and construction of all high performance buildings. To construct high performance buildings, strong building science fundamentals are needed. All too often building science is an afterthought in building design, and specialists are called in when building failure has occurred. We can do better, much better. With the proper building science, we can design and construct buildings that will:
- Consume small amounts of energy
- Have the most comfortable interior environments
- Be durable to last hundreds of years
- Use materials with low environmental impact
- Be architecturally beautiful
The following postings are designed to bring the basic fundamentals of building science to the general public in a thoughtful and understandable manner.
Please enjoy responsibly and remember, building science is all around us.